Local and National Sales Assistant
Website Federated Media Broadcasting
We are now accepting applicants for a new Local & National Sales Assistant to assist our six-station broadcast radio setup in Fort Wayne.
The LNSA is an integral part of our radio advertising Sales team and provides administrative support to the sales reps and managers. The ideal candidate will be dependable, detail-oriented, hardworking, and have the ability to balance multiple deadline-oriented projects while maintaining a great attitude and sense of humor in a fast-paced work environment. If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a great opportunity to learn the sales side of the radio broadcasting industry, read on!
Who We Are:
Federated Media is a family-owned media group in northern Indiana. Our Fort Wayne operation features six radio stations:
- 98.9 The Bear WBYR Active Rock
- Classic Hits BIG 92.3 WFWI
- 97.3 WMEE Hot A/C
- WOWO News Talk 1190am/107.5fm
- K105 Country WQHK
- The FAN 1380am/100.5fm – Sports Talk WKJG
As Local & National Sales Assistant:
Your primary role is acting as a liaison between our sales team, our clients and our other inter-company departments.
- Organize and input both new and revised orders.
- Traffic/commercial copy entry
- Commercial production requests
- Ad spot times and reports
- Invoice requests
- Promotional recaps
- Promotional fulfillment and promotion requests
- Order fulfillment process
- Aging notes
- Scheduling streaming ads
- Assists Account Executives with orders and traffic as needed
- Backup for Account Executives as needed to input commercial traffic instructions.
- Backup for Receptionist.
- Answers telephones.
- Provide support to clients by providing documents, forms and other paperwork to ensure seamless execution of client media buys.
- Assist Traffic Managers by gathering copy and traffic and working to solve clearance issues.
- Works on highly time sensitive projects, adhering to deadlines.
- Manages multiple project requests simultaneously with quick turnaround time.
- Responsible for entering National orders and commercial copy.
- Additional duties as designated by the General Sales Managers, Business Manager or GM related to sales or administrative functions.
- 1-3 Years of experience in sales, marketing, advertising and/or promotions preferred, but not required.
- Extensive computer skills including but not limited to extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, image manipulation, social media and the ability to adapt to proprietary computer systems.
- Background in radio station continuity or sales helpful
- Self-starter that is detail oriented, organized, and must be excellent at written and oral communication and possess strong multitasking skills
- Dependable with a strong work ethic and possess a team player attitude
- Aptitude to make decisions and work independently without immediate direction or supervision
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
As a Company/Employer, Federated Media will be responsible for:
- Hiring and retaining co-workers who live out our three core company values – Integrity, Passion, and Innovation.
- Provide an environment that sets you up for success.https://www.federatedmedia.com/our-culture/
- Growth opportunities. We’re a small business group of teammates and we tend to wear a lot of hats. Our company is extremely fast-paced and heaps significant responsibility on staff members quickly. And at the same time, self-starters and problem solvers tend to have thriving and growing careers here.
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Benefits that include competitive pay, 401k and match, health insurance, vacation, holiday, paid volunteer time.
- Fulfilling our commitment to the company mission –
TO DISCOVER AND SATISFY THE NEEDS OF OUR THREE PRIMARY CUSTOMER GROUPS:
- OUR CONSUMERS
- OUR CLIENTS &
- OUR CO-WORKERS
IN A WAY THAT IS PROFITABLE FOR ALL.
Compensation: Varies with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
MAKE THE FIRST MOVE! You will need to complete our online assessment. You can stop, save and return to it at your convenience. Once we receive the results, we will contact you within 7 days if we decide to move forward to an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org