Senior Staff Accountant, Full-Time
Federated Media is seeking a full-time Senior Staff Accountant to add to our team! This role will provide leadership to the Accounting team in the areas of Financial Reporting, General Ledger maintenance, Account Reconciliation, Budget preparation and reporting, Financial Analysis, and Forecasting and Purchasing.
The Senior Staff Accountant will assist the CFO in providing financial, operational, and physical measurements to aid employees, managers, and officers in making informed strategic and operational decisions leading to improved operational quality and responsiveness as well as lower operational costs.
At Federated Media, we offer a fun and collaborative work environment. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance which includes flexible paid time off with no set limits! We work hard, we play hard and we have a lot of fun along the way. If you believe you have the skills and are actively looking for a great company that values you, Federated Media wants to hear from you!
- Provide professional leadership to the Accounting team in preparation of accurate financial information to be used by management
- Produce purposeful and analytical reporting to Management by gathering current data on products and activities for analysis of performance and productivity. Provide information to assist in generating improvements in cost effectiveness for the organization
- At month end, manage preparation of host files and creation of monthly reports including but not limited to: Posting recurring journal entries, managing prepaid expenses, fixed asset accounting, Notes payable and receivable, financial statement preparation. Prepare monthly management financials and publish monthly reports
- Review and analyze monthly account reconciliations. Identify and communicate potential risks within general ledger accounts
- Direct budgeting process, including the creation and establishment of the Operating and Capital budgets as well as an ongoing analysis of actual performance against the budget
- Support the processing of A/P, A/R, and cash management
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis as requested by management
- Participate in committees and project teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field, plus 2-5 year of progressive experience in related financial positions. Practical experience with General Ledger and Financial Reporting preferred
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of finance, investments, financial research, and reporting
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and financial reporting software
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent communications skills – both in presentation and listening to others to best understand needs of the organization
Please send resumes Anna Trim, Human Resources Director at email@example.com.
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org